Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Arne Duncan


Many people have many different thoughts on CEO Arne Duncan. Some teachers that I have spoken with have hated him with a passion and I know other teachers who have loved him. I had the chance to meet him several years ago while working at VAI. We were working to save Senn high school from becoming a military academy. I don't really care either way, but I do think that community and family input should be validated and included in the decision making process. This is something the Alderman and the CEO failed to do. Yet when I met him, I realized he is an extremely charming man. He didn't know how to work with the far left in Uptown, but I do think he has Chicago Public Schools in his heart and has the best intentions. I can easily see how Obama and Duncan are good friends. I sincerely hope he does a good job. I always stand up for him and have a crush on him too! Good luck Mr. Duncan!

No comments: