Tuesday, November 18, 2008

10,000 steps


So this last weekend, Joe, Val, Tuan, and I went to the Great-American Food Expo at Harper College. It was fabulous because of the many wine samples that were given. Very cool. The Barefoot wine company gave out Pedometers. I put my name on the mailing list just to get one.

I am very excited to see how many steps a day I make running around this health club. It is noon and I haven't done anything different then I normally do and I have already walked 2,500 steps. I checked the Internet to see how I am fairing:


1) Under 5000 steps/day may be used as a "sedentary lifestyle index" 2) 5,000-7,499 steps/day is typical of daily activity excluding sports/exercise and might be considered "low active." 3) 7,500-9,999 likely includes some exercise or walking (and/or a job that requires more walking) and might be considered "somewhat active." 4) 10,000 steps/day indicates the point that should be used to classify individuals as "active". 5) Individuals who take more than 12,500 steps/day are likely to be classified as "highly active".


So so far I am leading a "sedentary lifestyle" at a health club. Oopsy.

Maybe after Yoga my friends and I should sign up for something a little more cardio???

No comments: